Uneasy about the test coverage in critical parts of your codebase?
Your application contains pieces of code which are essential not to break. Complex calculations, payments, critical code paths.
Automated test suite helps you avoid bugs and regressions. But it’s hard to know how much safety your current test suite really gives you.
There are test coverage tools, but they assure you only to some certain extent.
You need tests for your tests.
Enter mutation testing.
It works like this:
- Whenever you change your code, a process tries to break your code by introducing small changes wherever it’s possible.
- Then it monitors whether your test suite has shown a failure - which it should.
- If it didn’t show a failure, it means you have an uncovered mutation.
- Any such mutation is a potential bug one of your developers can make one day - a bug which won’t be caught by your test suite.
Sounds simple, but it can be daunting to introduce. We’ve got substantial experience with it. Let us help you.
How can our cooperation look like?
Depending on your preferences and needs, we can go one of the following ways:
- Quick consultation. Let’s jump on a call and discuss whether this is appropriate for your project.
- Assistance. You’re already working on mutation tests, but you’d need some expertise? Let us help you.
- Hands on introduction. Let us jump straight to your code and set the thing up.
- Training. With mutation testing in place you want your developers to be on the same page. We can help you do it.
Interested? Contact us!