Excellent. Very good coverage of a lot of different ideas.
Rails + Domain Driven Design Workshop
Struggling with finding a direction of refactorings to keep your app maintainable? Legacy codebase driving you nuts and not revealing intention?
Sign up for the next editions:
Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Bern, Bratislava, Brussels, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dublin, Edinburgh, Helsinki, Kiev, Lisbon, London, Madrid, Minsk, Moscow, Oslo, Paris, Prague, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna
Interested in having a closed/private workshop just for your company in your office? Contact us for a detailed offer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make your development team understand principles of domain-driven design. Make them master the most powerful design approach in today world of complex business rules.
We can help you. In Arkency, we’re doing consulting with big clients and big businesses. Techniques to codify domain knowledge in code and working with domain experts in an efficient way is the most valuable consultantancy tool we have in our toolbox. It proved extremely valuable in very advanced and standarized domains like risk management or accounting, as well as more wild domains like selling tickets for events.
Overall it was great to learn a lot of new things there. I like your approach to work and focus on sharing that knowledge with people. I enjoyed discussions we had on different topics. Thank you!
What will you get?
Before the workshop (immediately after the payment):
- Access to our #workshop-rails-ddd Slack channel at Arkency Slack, where you can feel free to ask questions. It’s an exclusive place, only available to the participants of our workshops
- A free copy of the “Fearless Refactoring: Rails Controllers” ebook which is a worth read as a preparation to the workshops (in case you own it already - any other book of your choice from our offer)
- Access to a proper DDD/CQRS/ES Rails application with all the concepts implemented. You can get familiar with it, before the workshop.
During the workshop:
- Introduction to all the important (from the Rails perspective) DDD concepts
- Exercises to the workshop application
- Constant help from the Arkency mentors
- Opportunity to ask questions regarding DDD
- Opportunity to ask questions regarding applying DDD in your project at work
- Work in groups or solo, as you prefer
- Meet other like-minded people who aim to apply DDD in their Rails apps
After the workshop:
- Stay at our Slack channel and be able to confirm the correctness of your DDD code
- Ongoing access to the workshop app repository, with all the updates
During our training attendees will learn about domain-driven design principles, as well as a trending architecture approach which is a go-to choice for complex business domains, called event sourcing. After workshops attendants are going to be able to apply DDD principles in the codebase, know beneficial ways to refactor the app to improve its maintainability and know techniques needed to talk with clients.
During the workshop attendands will be a part of the simulated project with the simple domain. Our experts will ensure everyone will be involved in a process of crunching domain knowledge and applying it to the codebase.
The result of the workshop is a complete app with event sourcing. Attendants will also understand techniques useful for transforming the codebase from the Rails way to DDD app.
This training is planned for two days. Most of the time attendants will spend on writing code and crunching domain knowledge to make it all as practical as possible.
- Bounded Contexts (2h)
- Entity, Value Object , Aggregate / AggregateRoot (2h)
- ApplicationService / Service Object, DomainService (1h)
- Publishing Domain Events (2h)
- Consuming Domain Events (1.5h)
- Read models (1.5h)
- Sagas (2h)
- Event Sourcing (2h)
If you have a coworker from your company or a friend that would like to come as well, there is a $100 discount per person that we offer for groups of 3 developers or more.
Contact us at email@example.com for details.
Don’t worry. You can still buy access to the reference app that we use during the workshop and get our help on Slack.
- Access to our reference Rails app that we use for the DDD workshop
- including future updates available as next commits
- available on gitlab
- Access to excercies and solutions from the workshop
- available as issues
- Slides from the workshop
- 1 year access as a guest to dedicated Arkency slack channel
- we can answer your questions about the application code
- and other Ruby and Rails architecture questions as well
- community of DDD workshop attendants and enthusiasts
Rails DDD Workshop Reference App code + 1 year Slack Access
Need more details?
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
It was great, I loved the fact you were walking around the room, asking people if they need help with anything.